Thursday, September 15, 2016

Devon Gerst Response to Niels Diffrient: Rethinking the Way We Sit Down


             To think that a love for planes could take a man on such a journey through life. From aeronautics to furniture, Niels Diffrient has gone through many trials and errors to get to where he is now. His story reminds myself of my hardships. I started off going through life loving music and I've always wanted to be a musician. As I went further through life I found how hard it was to be noticed, but its thanks to music that I found that I wanted to do something that I can put my own little touch on. When I finally made it to high school I took a graphic design class, and then it hit me, this is what I want to do! Same goes for Niels Diffrient in the sense that through life experiences he found something that he would want to do for the rest of his working days, being an industrial designer. Overall, he really hit home with a relatable story that anyone who has had doubts can understand. He went through life searching for a career and eventually all his experiences led up to something he truly enjoys, and I feel like that should be everyone's goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment